Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) is the first step in possibly securing thousands of dollars in financial aid for school. The new FAFSA® year application is just around the corner, and we couldn’t be more excited for you!
You’re probably feeling a mix of emotions: excited to start this step in college and afraid of messing it up. To help you through the process, we put together a list of definitive FAFSA® resources to help you every step of the way.
Here are some of the questions students like you have had when completing the financial aid process.
Before starting the financial aid process
Filing the FAFSA® form can be a tedious and overwhelming process. But we have good news! If you have any of these questions, just click the link to find a detailed answer on our website.
- Is filing the FAFSA® free?
- What am I applying for through filing a FAFSA®?
- How much money can you get from FAFSA®?
- How to complete FAFSA® without parents
- What is the FAFSA® Deadline?
- When can I start my FAFSA® application?
- How many credit hours do I need for FAFSA®?
- Can I get FAFSA® if I’m homeless?
- What if my parents will not provide information for my FAFSA® form?
- What information do I need about my parents for FAFSA®?
- FAFSA® for international students
- What tax returns can I use on the FAFSA®?
- How do I know if my college is affiliated with FAFSA®?
While filling out the FAFSA®
While completing the application, you will be asked a variety of different questions from your family’s income to your education. If you need help understanding any of those questions, click on the link that applies below.
- Which FAFSA® should you file?
- How to add more schools to your FAFSA®?
- What does dependency status mean on the FAFSA®?
- How to fill out the FAFSA® as an eligible noncitizen?
- Do I need an FSA ID to complete my FAFSA®
- Filling out FAFSA with divorced parents
- How to file your FAFSA® without a Tax Return
- How does a noncitizen fill out the FAFSA® form?
After filing the FAFSA®: What’s next?
Now that you’re all done, there are some things to keep in mind.
We think it’s a good idea to know the answers to the following questions after completing your FAFSA®. After completing your FAFSA®, read through these, so you know what the process is from here.
- How can I make corrections to my FAFSA®?
- What are the FAFSA® requirements to keep my aid?
- What happens to my financial aid if I withdraw from school?
- How to keep my FAFSA® eligibility?
- How long does it take FAFSA® to process?
- Adding schools after completing the FAFSA®?
- What is the FAFSA® EFC fórmula?
- What do I do after I filed my FAFSA®?
We hope these individual lists help you and your family through the financial aid process. This is one of the first steps you will take to embark on your college career, so enjoy this exciting time by being as prepared as possible!
FAFSA® opens October 1st, 2020, and the sooner you apply for financial aid, the more likely you are to get more. You can file quickly and get support by submitting your application with FRANK.