The Gem State offers financial aid opportunities to Idaho residents including grants and scholarship programs.
The first step to an affordable college education is filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA®. This financial aid application determines student eligibility for federal student loans, grants (including the Pell grant), work-study programs, and scholarships.
Apply for Idaho State Financial Aid
Idaho Opportunity Scholarship
This need based award is offered to students with an unweighted 2.7 cumulative GPA for amounts up to $3,500 per year for eligible applicants who meet the following criteria:
● Unweighted GPA of 2.7 or higher
● Resident of Idaho
● High school graduate from an Idaho High School or Idaho HomeSchool
● Complete State Board of Education scholarship application by March 1
● Must attend an eligible university as listed here
To apply, all students must file the FAFSA®, award amounts are determined by the student’s college or university. Students must make sure they renew their scholarship each year, for a maximum of 4 years in awards.
Tschudy Family Scholarship
Offered by the Tschudy Family for graduates of Emmett High School in pursuit of an academic degree from an Idaho public four-year higher education institution. Applicants are selected based on academic merit and can receive awards up to $2,500 per year and can be renewed up to five times for undergraduate and two years of graduate study. Students must also meet the following qualifications:
• Be a resident of Idaho
• Graduate from Emmett High School within the last seven years
• Enroll in at least 14 credit hours at Boise State University, Idaho State University, Lewis-Clark State College, or the University of Idaho
• Cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher
• Submit application by February 15
To apply, students must complete the FAFSA® and fill out a yearly loan application.
In addition to the financial aid listed above, Idaho colleges and universities offer financial assistance to Idaho state residents that is not available for out-of-state students.
Interested in more information on Idaho state financial aid?
Have more questions about Idaho state financial aid or the FAFSA®? We’re here for you. You can reach the Frank financial aid experts via email at email@example.com or text us at (347) 690-7886.