Utah State Financial Aid: Grants & Scholarships


For students in the state of Utah, they offer a variety of financial aid programs for in-state students. Utah state financial aid can help students find grants and scholarships to contribute to their federal aid. Here’s what you need to know about accessing in-state financial aid. 


To be eligible to apply for Utah state-based financial aid, you’ll first need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA®. This application determines student eligibility for federal loans, grants like the Pell grant, work-study programs, and even some scholarships. 

Utah State Financial Aid

Students who attend college or university in the state of Utah have several financial aid options in addition to federal aid. Below are some of the most popular grants and scholarships available through the state. 

Utah Centennial Opportunity Program For Education

The UCOPE is funding given to select participating schools to award their students in the form of grants or work-study programs. To be eligible for one of these grants or put into the work-study program, you must: 

  • Be an undergraduate from Utah
  • Not have earned a bachelors degree or professional degree

Award amounts range from $400 to $1000 and depend on financial need. To apply for the UCOPE grants please visit their website or speak to the financial aid office at your school. 

Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (LEAP) Program

The LEAP program distributes funds to each state for distribution as they see fit. Each college or university can use the funds in the form of grants. Here’s what you can expect in terms of Utah state financial aid options as part of the LEAP program. 

  • Utah State University – College of Eastern Utah gives the grants only to Utah residents in amounts between $100 and $600 per year, and the program is first-come-first-served.
  • Weber State University awards grants to undergraduates who are from Utah and have not yet finished their bachelor’s or professional degree. You must have significant financial need, and you may receive between $400 and $1,000 each year.

Want more grants and scholarships for first-generation students, single moms, and awards based on program majors?

Have more questions about Utah state financial aid or need help filing your FAFSA®? The Frank Team is here to help. You can email us at support@withfrank.org or text us at (347) 690-7886. 

Good luck!